Ethical Guidelines for a Successful Supervisory Process
1. Participants will learn the importance and purpose of the Professional Codes of Ethics, Georgia Composite Board, CPCS, and ACA (2014) in the supervisory process.
2. Participants will gain insight on how the CPCS Code of Ethics provides clear guidance for supervisory process.
3. Participants will participate in discussions of making relevant application of the legal and ethical guides for current situations within supervision.
4. Participants will gain insight on the professional liability and its meaning for being a supervisor.
5. Participants will use the Professional Codes of Ethics during group discussion to answer questions for case scenarios.
6. Participants will learn tips to assist with prevention of potential high risk.
Culture and Diversity Considerations 2-Fold in Supervision
1. Participants will learn definitions associated with culture and diversity.
2. Participants will gain insight on considers of culture and diversity is not only for the clients, but supervisee as well.
3. Discussion of issues associated with considerations of culture and diversity
4. Participants will learn or review requirements of CPCS Code of Ethics with emphasis on “cultural and diversity issues”.
5. Will examine how culture and diversity don’t only apply to the clients, but supervisees as well.
6. Gain insight and discuss the definition of culture and diversity along with other terminology relevant to topic.
7. Participants will explore through self-reflection and discussion regarding own bias, values, and prejudices, which may negatively impact the supervisory process.
8. Participants will learn the importance of integrating cultural competence into the supervision process.
9. Participants will learn the difference between multicultural counseling and cultural democracy.
10. Participants will learn helpful tools and discussion topics to engage with supervisees on the topic of multicultural counseling and competence.
The Ethics of Starting and Maintaining a Successful Private Practice w/Step By Step PDF workbook
1. Participants will learn the necessity in keeping Ethics as the central focus of private practice planning and using the ACA and Georgia Composite Board Professional Codes of Ethics as blueprint guidelines.
2. Participants will learn basic start-up legal and ethical considerations such as necessary license, NPI, TIN and structural considerations in formulating private practice identity.
3. Participants will enhance their knowledge of completing CAQH and insurance credentialing with ethical considerations.
4. Participants will learn requirements by Georgia Composite Board associated with providing Telemental Health counseling services (135-11).
5. Participants will examine the professional code of ethics regarding practicing within your area of competency.
6. Participants will learn information regarding ethical documentation and needed forms for private practice.
7. Participants will learn things to consider when selecting an EMR (Electronic Medical Records) platform for private practice.
8. Participants will gain insight on the benefits of peer supervision and/or consultation in while operating solo in a private practice.
9. Participants will gain insight on professional responsibility section as outlined in the professional code of ethics regarding self-care and wellness.
2. Participants will gain insight ethical practices involves consistent and time sensitive action, which can lessen professional liability issues.
3. Participants will gain knowledge with the use of Professional codes of ethics as guide with group case studies discussion.
4. Gain Understanding of the importance of time management for positive outcomes in the therapeutic relationship.